Upsala College was founded in 1893 by the Swedish-American Augustana Synod of the Lutheran Church. Originally located in Brooklyn, it moved to Kenilworth, NJ in 1898. In 1899 it built a new campus there. After becoming a four-year college in 1903, it moved to East Orange, NJ in 1924. During World War II its enrollment peaked at 2,000 students and held at around 1,500 for much of its history. 85% of the faculty held Ph.D degrees. Until the 1960’s it drew its student body from a traditional Lutheran base.
Tress Realty Group compiles some of the best real estate news, tips, and information for buyers, sellers and investors.